Georgian Technical University

Tbilisi, Georgia
Partner
www.gtu.ge/Eng/

Georgian Technical University

Georgian Technical University was established in 1922 and is since then one of the leading universities in Georgia. GTU consists of 8 faculties: Civil Engineering; Power Engineering and Telecommunications; Mining and Geology; Chemical Technology and Metallurgy; Architecture; Urban Planning and Design; Informatics and Control Systems; Transportation and Machine-Building; and Business-Engineering. GTU is a center of excellence in ICT education, research and innovation. At present 12 powerful R&D centers exist at GTU. GTU is a full member of the European University Association – EUA since 2001. In 2005 GTU joined the Bologna process. GTU is actively participating in EU projects. It took part in a number of FP7, Tempus and Erasmus Mundus projects and has close links with many European universities. The aim of GTU is to continue to be the leading universities in Georgia, by being an outstanding place for broad research and development activities, teaching and learning.

GTU will manage the process of need-assessment and e-Learning strategy development. It will participate in the process of establishing e-Learning centers at different educational institution and linking them into the Network. GTU will participate in the process of teacher/tutor training and the preparation of the human resources to run e-Learning process. GTU will manage the process of joint development of nation-wide frameworks for quality assurance in e-Learning/lifelong learning in Georgia, to provide standards, recommendations and guidelines. GTU will also take a role in the piloting and dissemination of the results of the project, in the process of analyses and the evaluation of the obtained results.